https://www.alertfirstaid.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/0F5BB228-7288-4653-B8DE-4C4B52A4895C.jpeg 400 612 Alert First Aid Inc https://www.alertfirstaid.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/logo2.jpg Alert First Aid Inc2018-12-12 19:49:332018-12-20 21:03:03Child Safety Checklist
Child Safety Checklist
Children can be fun and amazing, but they can also be prone to accidents and getting into things that can be dangerous to both themselves and others.
Go on a tour of your house with this child safety checklist to make sure you and your family are safe.
- Spilled liquids are mopped up right away.
- When pots and pans are on the stove, their handles are turned inward.
- Knives, scissors and sharp objects are kept safely out of children’s reach.
- The stepstool is strong and in good condition.
- Cleaning products, insecticides and matches are kept safely out of children’s reach.
- Dishwasher detergents are kept out of children’s reach and are wiped up if spilled.
Hall and Stairs
- Hall and stairs are well lit.
- Stair carpeting or tread covers are tacked down securely.
- Scatter rugs have non-skid material or padding underneath them.
- There is a gate at the top of the stairs.
- Stair treads are in good repair.
- There are no toys, clutter, etc. in hallways and staircases.
- There is a light switch at the end of each hallway and staircase.
- Scatter rugs are either tacked down or have non-skid material underneath them.
- Furniture is in good repair.
- Footstools and small tables do not block traffic paths.
- Electric cords do not trail.
- The window screens are strong and fastened securely.
- Children cannot climb over balcony railings or fall through them.
- Babies and young children cannot fall out of bed.
- Mattresses for infants are flat and firm.
- Cosmetics are put away in a drawer or cabinet.
- Clothing and shoes are put away in the closet.
- Medicines are kept safely out of children’s reach.
- Dressers and other large furniture is anchored to the wall.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!