Thank you for keeping us and your classmates safe. Please review the precautions we are taking in first aid, CPR & Foodsafe courses below.
We have N95 masks, surgical/earloop masks, hand sanitizer and face shields available to purchase here.
- Blended learning: Where possible, first aid & CPR courses are offered through blended learning - a mixture of online, self-paced learning covering knowledge topics, and in-person sessions focussing on practical skills. Because of the nature of first aid & CPR skills and evaluation, special equipment and in-person evaluation is necessary, so cannot be moved entirely online.
- Masks are mandatory for all participants and instructors for the duration of your course. Your mask must securely cover your nose, mouth and chin. You may bring your own, or one can be provided when you arrive.
- If you're feeling sick, please stay home. We ask anyone (participants and instructors) with symptoms of COVID-19 including fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and painful swallowing to please stay home and not attend the training session. Instead, please complete the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool, follow the recommendations given, and rebook your course for a later date.
- Core groups: During first aid courses, some hands-on skills may need to be evaluated and practiced on a partner. Participants are encouraged to sign up with a partner from their bubble, otherwise will be assigned a partner. To minimize the number of close contacts, the same partner will be used for the duration of the course.
- Cleaning and hygiene: Frequent handwashing and good hygiene practices are essential to reduce the spread of the virus. At minimum, washing hands with soap and water or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer should be performed at the beginning and end of class, before and after breaks, before and after skills practice sessions (when wearing gloves, hand hygiene should be done before putting on gloves and after removing them).
- Equipment and facility: All non-disposable equipment and manikins used during the class are cleaned and sanitized after each course. The cleaning process follows Health Canada guidance, including updated COVID-19 guidance, is based on manufacturers' directions and adheres to use instructions for cleaning products used.
- Hands-on demonstrations and practice will be done with the use of manikins when feasible, and a 1:1 student-to-mannequin ratio will apply.
- Off-site courses: Where possible, instructors are scheduled to teach off-site courses within their own communities and follow both our own safety policies as well as the applicable safety plans of the sites they are visiting.
- Proof of Vaccination and BC's vaccine card: There is currently no requirement for participants to show proof of vaccination to access occupational training. While we do strongly recommend that everyone able to do so gets vaccinated, we will not be checking for proof of vaccination.
The Alert Advantage
Free Manual + App
Free CPR Mask + Gloves
Looking for a group class?
If you have a group of people and would like us to come to you to teach a Standard First
Aid with CPR C course, we offer this course in the following locations:
Give us a call at 1.800.282.5378, or send us an email at email@example.com to arrange a group course.